Pennsylvania Winery Association Conference & Wine Marketing Research Board Symposium will take place March 29 – 30, 2016 in State College, PA
The PWA Business Meeting, Awards Banquet and the PA Wine Marketing Research Board Symposium are being held together this year at The Nittany Lion Inn in State College, PA. This is your chance to network with fellow PA wineries, help guide the PA wine industry and learn alongside your peers.
The event begins on Tuesday, March 29 with a lunch before the Annual Membership meeting, followed by a reception and awards banquet, where the results of the Pennsylvania Wine Competition will be announced. The second day, Wednesday, March 30 the event features winery information sessions and presentations regarding projects funded by the Pennsylvania Wine Marketing Research Board. We hope you will join us for this insightful and celebratory event!
Educational Programming Topics: (Tentative)
- Update on the Spotted Lantern Fly
- Liquor Law Update
- Media Training
- Guidance and Tips to a Profitable Winery Operation
- The 2015 NE-1020 Variety Trial Harvest: A Comparison of North East & Biglerville, PA
- Updates on Grape Disease Management Research
- Assessing Spotted Wing Drosophila
- Tannin in Hybrid Wines
- Polymer-Based Removal of Foxy Aromas
- Live life with a little spice: vineyard decisions that affect the black pepper flavor of Noiret grapes and wine
- Spray-on Materials: can they reduce frost damage to grapevines?
- Kit for Predicting Wine’s Reduction Post-Bottling
- Color Stability
- Managing crop size: what it can mean for your vines
The PWA has reserved block rooms at the rate of $120 + tax. Please make reservations directly with the Nittany Lion Inn at 1-800-233-7505 and reference the Room Block Code: PAWC16A. The deadline to receive the above special rate is March 10, 2016 or until filled.